· "His Blood Be on Us and Our Children"
Introduction to The Passion: Reflections on the Suffering and Death of Jesus Christ
· Christ's Vision of the Church's Trials
Chapter 4 of The Passion: Reflections on the Suffering and Death of Jesus Christ
· "Seething Like the Sea"
Our need for peace with God.
· "Those Poisonous Little Reptiles"
Threats to peace with ourselves.
· Are You on Speaking Terms With God?
How to experience His forgiveness more fully.
· "My Immaculate Heart Will Triumph"
Distinctives of contemporary Catholic apocalyptic thought.
· Are You Falling Away?
Three warning signs.
· "Blessed Are the Pure in Heart, for They Shall See God"
What exactly is purity of heart?
· Keeping a Clear Conscience
A strategy for self-examination.
· "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End"
At the beginning and end of history stands the One who is its center.
· "Lead Us Not into Temptation"
Would God actually tempt us?
· Loving God, Fearing God
Can we really do both at the same time?
· "No Royal Road to Wisdom"
If we want to be lifelong learners, we must first learn to be humble.
· Our Joyful God
An invitation to share in the loving delight of the Blessed Trinity.
· Returning Thanks
Twelve ways to cultivate a grateful heart.
· Seeing Christ Incognito
When we serve those He loves, we discover the joy of serving Jesus Himself.
· Four Healthy Herbs for the Soul
Treat your spiritual ills with a good dose of reflection on death, judgment, hell and heaven.
· To Set the Captives Free
What happens when you fail to forgive?
· Walking With a Limp
A meditation on Jacob's wrestling match with God.
· Where's the Fire?
Sustaining a love for God that lasts a lifetime.
· You Can't Run With Rocks in Your Pockets
What are the spiritual weights that slow us down?
· "O Come, Let Us Adore Him!"
An invitation to adoration.
· Where's the Joy?
It may be closer than you think.
· Why Pray for the Dead?
Helping our loved ones get ready for heaven