The Top Ten Signs Your Catholic Homeschooler Is in Trouble
© 2001 by Paul Thigpen
1. With a long tally sheet in hand, she asks how many venial sins add up to a mortal sin.
2. He and his sister laugh uproariously when they tell each other jokes in Church Latin, but when you ask for a translation, they decide it's time to go clean their rooms.
3. You find pinup pictures of Isabella of Spain in his room.
4. He hangs his scapular from an ear stud.
5. He puts an unidentified white powder inside the envelope when he mails his test sheets back to Seton.
6. He tells you the priest was taking notes during his Confession.
7. Every year at the All Saints' Eve costume party, he wants to be Mary Magdalene.
8. She roller skates in the Corpus Christi procession.
9. You find pages from TV Guide tucked inside her copy of the Baltimore Catechism.
10. When college admissions are announced, he informs you that he's been accepted at the Al-Qaida Training Camp in Syria.